Jabree Ltd, with support from the City of Gold Coast, is inviting applications for NAIDOC activity funding from interested individuals and not-for-profit community organisations that support the Gold Coast’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
The 2017 theme ‘Our Languages Matter’ celebrates the importance of Indigenous culture, it’s role in cultural identity, and how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history, spirituality and rites is conveyed through story and song.
Funding assistance is available through Jabree Ltd for community NAIDOC week projects, events or activities that take place during NAIDOC Week (2-9 July 2017), and that reflects the 2017 theme. Sample events/activities/projects include:
- Arts based activities, including painting, dancing, crafts, storytelling
- Family fun days
- Cultural activities
- Elders’ activities
- Bush tucker and other community cooking activities
- NAIDOC themed sporting activities or competitions
- Activities that actively promote reconciliation
- Flag raising ceremonies with accompanying activities
- Activities that promote health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 2 June 2017.
For more information, please contact Jabree Ltd on:
P 1300 588 923
Feature image: 2017 National NAIDOC logo (naidoc.org.au)